How effective is laser hair removal? Good question and the answer is, when it relates to removing body hair, you do have several options. Consider each of them before making a final decision.
- Shaving takes away hair quickly, but hair grows again in just a few days.
- Depilatory creams melt hair quickly, but depilatories smell chemical-like and downright awful.
- Waxing or sugaring takes away hair at the root and hair doesn’t grow back for weeks, but waxing is painful, and when the hair grows back, it itches.
- Electrolysis uses superfine needles inserted into each hair follicle, and an electric current is sent into each hair follicle. Lasers are similar in that; they also use an electric current that kills the hair follicle. Laser equipment sends an electric current that kills the hair follicle. Electrolysis takes a long time to do, sessions are time-consuming, and electrolysis is painful.
- It is a common semi-permanent hair removal procedure that is a great option, but how effective is laser hair removal? It destroys the follicles to reduce hair regrowth. The laser finds the hair by focusing on the pigment cells that are in the hair follicle. When the melanin in the hair is targeted, the laser zaps down into the hair follicle and root. After a few laser sessions, you no longer have that pesky hair all over your body. Cancel your painful waxing sessions and dump the razor and shaving cream! However, before you sign up for laser hair removal, be prepared to have at least six sessions.
Pros of laser hair removal.
How effective is laser hair reduction? Your hair won’t be gone forever, but it drastically reduces hair growth to almost where you don’t need to use other methods to remove unwanted hair. (As a note, electrolysis is the only FDA-approved technique for lasting hair removal.)
It can be done anywhere on your body, and the laser can work on large areas of hair as well as small areas. Face, legs, arms, underarms, back, bikini line, chest, and stomach can all benefit from laser hair removal. There is no limit to the places you can get laser hair removal. How effective is laser hair removal in these places? Again, it is not permanent, but permanent enough that you do not see hair regrowth for quite a long time. I haven’t needed to shave in years!
The pain level of this treatment at SkinVolution is very minimal. We use a technically advanced laser that is highly effective and essentially pain-free. It definitely is a lot less painful than waxing.
Cons of laser hair removal.
There is no getting around it – laser hair removal can be a long process. This treatment on the underarms takes just a few minutes, but it can take multiple sessions to see the results. Generally, you need to wait about six weeks between treatments.
It can be expensive, but not at SkinVolution. We have laser hair removal sessions, starting at $49 per treatment. It should be looked at as an investment in your beauty.
Our advanced laser at SkinVolution can work on fair skin with dark hair as well as darker skin and even red and blonde hair.
How effective is laser hair removal? Unless laser treatment is done by a trained technician, it could leave burns or scars on your skin. Look for a licensed aesthetician to do your laser work. Stay away from laser centers and always ask where your laser technician was certified to do the laser procedure. Even doctors who provide this treatment need extensive training. Dermatologist Marina Peredo, M.D., has said, “Laser treatment is not taught in medical schools, so physicians performing laser treatment also need training and certification.”
SkinVolution Laser, Vein, and MedSpa in Glendale, Arizona, has certified laser technicians who can give you all the pros and cons of laser treatment. They will assure you an effective outcome and give you the right treatments with the right equipment. Don’t hesitate to give SkinVolution a call and ask them about laser hair removal. You could be dancing on the beach with a smooth and hairless body in no time.